Monday, January 3, 2011

Gypsy Tip

I learned this tip this weekend and thought I would pass it along. I was trying to update my gypsy (this has been going on for quite some time. I haven't ever been able to download my "free cartridges" and I have had my gypsy since its launch on HSN). Anyway I recently got a new router for my computer and thought that maybe the Cricut Sync software would work now. Well of course that was stupid and it didn't work and the software actually ended up crashing!! My gypsy screen said "busy syncing" but of course it wasn't doing anything. I unplugged it from the computer and realized that the screen was stuck. I tried turning it off. Nothing!! I just knew I had broken my gypsy. I am not really "gypsy savy" but I do enjoy welding titles together. So I panicked as I am in the middle of a baby book for my friend's sisters babys shower in two weeks.
So if your gypsy freezes up you need to reset it. Here's how:

Unscrew the top of your stylus and turn your gypsy over to the back side. On the side where you hold your gypsy there is a tiny hole. There is a pointy tip on the end of the stylus once you unscrew it. Stick the pointy end into that tiny hole and TA-DA! Your gypsy will reset. It works fine now but I still can't download the new gypsy sync software. I've tried everything. I plan on calling PC when I get home from work to figure out what I need to do. Hopefully its nothing to major. Happy Monday To All!

No comments:

Post a Comment