Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Monday Everyone!

Hello everyone! Good Morning! I know I have been away for a while I had a big week last week and did not do much crafting. Two Lady Gaga shows in a week was a plateful. :) But both shows were amazing and the show is a must see. I love that she uses her platform as a superstar to spread the word of God and of his love. EPIC! Today is one of my friend's birthday so I made her a set of monogram cards. I thought they turned out adorable. It is my "go to gift". This is the box I made out of a 12x12 piece of cardstock. The tutorial said it would only hold eight cards and envelopes but my set contained 10 and everything fit perfectly. There used to be a blog called Sheetload of Cards and once a month it would give you a diagram on how to cut one sheet of patterned paper to get 12 cards. I'm sad it is no longer available but if you are interested let me know and I will email you the diagram that I have. It also tells you how to cut your cardstock etc. Its great. Here is an example of one of the cards. And of course what birthday would be complete without a birthday card. I used Create a Critter to cut the cute Skunk at 3 inches..... the stump however is a horse of another color. I thought all the accessories were proportionate to the animal you cut. Not true. I had to cut the stump a couple of times but finally decided on 2 inches. The flower is cut at 3. and the cloud is cut at 1 3/4 inches. The sentiment is from Scrappy Mom's stamps which are my new obsession. Love them! On the back of the card I added one of my Stamps of Life stamps which are just adorable! Side note: She loved everything and is having a wonderful day! Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment